I also carry out periodic testing and inspection for both commercial and residential customers. Electrical installations may deteriorate over prolonged periods of time and through consistent use. With this in mind, I offer periodic testing and inspection to ensure all installations are safe and are satisfactory for use.
These checks are commonly needed when selling a property or when preparing a property for the rental market. A fully written report will be issued upon completion of the testing, with any recommendations for repairs and replacements made clearly.
Part P Applies To The Following Areas:
- Combined dwellings and business premises
- Common access areas in blocks of flats (but not lifts)
- Shared amenities in blocks of flats (such as laundries, gymnasiums etc.)
- Outbuildings, including sheds, garages and greenhouses
- Garden lighting and power supplies
Why Should I Use A Contractor Registered With The Competent Person Scheme?
- Members of the scheme can deal with all new rules and regulations on your behalf
- Members are qualified to carry out electrical work
- Members will give you a certificate to confirm their work follows the new rules
- You will not have to pay Building Control charges
- You will have the option of taking out an insurance-backed guarantee for the work
- You will have access to a formal complaints procedure if you are not happy with the work